For those who want a lengthy detailed report into the election there will, undoubtedly, be a range of them to chose from. In the meantime, here are my brief reflections on the last few weeks. At the heart of the problems around this election is the unwarranted influence of political parties on all aspects of the electoral process. Every institution responsible for organising and facilitating the election is under the control of political parties. The Electoral Code itself was heavily revised only days before the original date for the elections and only weeks before the actual date (Law 9676 13 January 2007). It was these revisions, specifically Article 181/2, that created the overly complicated identification requirements that caused so much confusion, and undoubtedly disenfranchised some voters. Let's be clear though: these revisions were not designed to protect the interests of the electorate. They were drafted primarily because the political parties do not trust each other. The ...
Comments
That's where I live. It's nice though for Albanian standards. What do you think?
In regard of the Holiday Inn logo, they might get sued for that.
I've only seen two that changed - one little supermarket that had a 'Lidl' sign changed it to 'Big', and the 'Hard Rock' cafe became the 'Tirana Rock' cafe.
-Niku
a question on a personal level:
How do you cope with this oddities you are experiencing here in Albania? Are you losing your mind?
Thank you for these pictures!
Can you please take more pictures of old buildings?
Anonymous 2: I think it is probably better for someone else to judge if I am losing my mind. Perhaps I will come back to your question about coping in a proper post some time.
Anonymous 3: Once the weather improves I will try to get out walking around and take more pictures. If anyone knows any areas of the city that might be good to search for these kind of buildings let me know.
I would like to see it restored in the old way :(
Ourman, thanks for bringing us these pictures.