Ask me how much I knew about Albania before coming here and my list would be a short one: Enver Hoxha, bunkers and Sir Norman Wisdom. I have no idea when or how I acquired this extensive body of knowledge, but the association of Norman Wisdom with Albania was by far the most interesting part of it. I remember watching Norman Wisdom's old films on British television. My parents were fans of his wholesome, slapstick comedy, but apparently missed the ideological significance of Pitkin's relationship with Mr Grimsdale. Pitkin, the downtrodden and oppressed representative of the workers, triumphed every time over his capitalist oppressor, Mr Grimsdale - and he got the girl. It took a theorist of Hoxha's insight and profundity to discern this deeper political message. It always seemed tremendously unlikely, yet the story of Sir Norman's fame in Albania has been reported in worthy sources like the BBC , the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph . According to the Guardian, when Wi...
Comments
But of course I'd be very excited if Clinton and Blair came!
wowowowwww
Outside of my personal experience, in the context of Albanian culture, I never expected anyone to support a right wing president outside of what he might do for Albania.
But alas, here comes Anonymous.
if Clinton decides to come I hope they confiscate his cigars at the airport.
Yes, its, yes the worst president for those that are living in the naive world of "common wealth" and the "benefits to all people" and "equailty and brotherhood amongst man" and other such teenage ideals of the sort. Those that actually did understand where this war was leading invested heavily in XOM or APA and will be glad for this war to continue for another century. Personally I only hope he decides to nuke Iran, Nigeria and (why not) Venezuela too and I can then retire next year. Stop living in La-La land, communism dies with Marx.
Yeah, that's a great reason to go to war. 3000 deaths later, how much richer is your portfolio? btw XOM and APA stock is going nowhere but down these days ... together I guess with the ratings of the President.
Clinton eshte baxhellë.