Now that the disputes over the elections have been resolved, the campaigning has begun. Over the weekend election posters began appearing in the city for both Rama and Olldashi.Olldashi's workers appear to be busier - his posters are far more common than those for Rama in the areas of the city that I have visited recently. On the bus shelter below you can see two of them, but they were on every one of the six available spaces.In contrast, this was the only advertising site carrying Rama's poster I passed this morning, though I have seen others over the weekend in other parts of town.
Another article on religion in Albania appeared yesterday. Patrick Poole, writing in the American Thinker , argues that Saudi funding for the construction of mosques and the training of imams is a threat to Albania, since these mosques and imams reflect the fundamentalist interpretation of Islam dominant in Saudi Arabia.
Comments
Not sure who the official 'interfering foreigner' candidate is this time round. As a Brit, I imagine we will wait to see who the French support and then back the other one.
Once again you make me laugh! Right you are! Let's wait for the French first and then let's hear from the Crown.
I do quote you in bar talks nowadays: Vote early, vote often!
'tjeta!
He is representing the international community by being a good-old "Chechen" running for Tirana's number one spot!
;)
Nice blog.
Take care
FT/Sweden