Ismail Kadare apart, few Albanian authors have been published in English. This month, however, Northwestern University Press will be publishing a new anthology of Albanian short stories entitled Balkan Beauty, Balkan Blood: Modern Albanian Short Stories. The book is edited by Dr Robert Elsie, a Canadian with an interest in Albania, whose Albanian literature website has been, until now, the only place to find a range of Albanian authors in translation.
Another article on religion in Albania appeared yesterday. Patrick Poole, writing in the American Thinker , argues that Saudi funding for the construction of mosques and the training of imams is a threat to Albania, since these mosques and imams reflect the fundamentalist interpretation of Islam dominant in Saudi Arabia.
Comments
I had visions of bombarding, Serbia, Macedonia, and the greater parts of Greece, including Athens airport and acropolis... I got so carried away in my dream, that I was a bit dissapointed when I woke up...
... one can only envy Israel's might...