Skip to main content

Syri i Kalter

On a recent trip to the South we visited the Azure Eye, Syri i Kalter. Some more photographs of Syri i Kalter can be found on my Flickr page.







Comments

Anonymous said…
Alwyn, do you have any pics from the demolition of the overpass at Zogu i Zi? If yes, I'd love to post them on our site, www.peshkupauje.com

Thanks,

Ll.T.
olli said…
Llukan, I had forgotten about this story. The last time I checked it was still stuck in the courts. I will go tomorrow morning and have a look at what is happening and see if I can get some photographs.
Anonymous said…
The english papers in Tirana must be horrible if they didn't write about this one. The demolition of the overpass was started yesterday. Politics aside, I'm curios to see if they'll manage to clean the area up or if they'll leave it a pile of rubble.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

Llukan
Anonymous said…
These waterhole shots are BEAUTIFUL!
The colour of the water is breathtaking!!
olli said…
Can't blame the papers - the Tirana Daily News did have something online but with my dodgy internet connection I din't see it. Tirana Times also has something up as of today (Saturday 8th).

Glad you liked the photos - I still don't think they are quite blue enough compared to the real thing.
Miss Kim said…
People won't believe that the water is THAT blue- but it is incredibly beautiful and really THAT blue!

Popular posts from this blog

Orthodox Cathedral

These are some pictures of the new Resurrection of Christ Orthodox Cathedral under construction in Tirana. The website of the architectural partnership behind the church has images of how it is planned to look when finished.

Albania and the Perils of the 21st Century

Another article on religion in Albania appeared yesterday. Patrick Poole, writing in the American Thinker , argues that Saudi funding for the construction of mosques and the training of imams is a threat to Albania, since these mosques and imams reflect the fundamentalist interpretation of Islam dominant in Saudi Arabia.

Big in Albania

Ask me how much I knew about Albania before coming here and my list would be a short one: Enver Hoxha, bunkers and Sir Norman Wisdom. I have no idea when or how I acquired this extensive body of knowledge, but the association of Norman Wisdom with Albania was by far the most interesting part of it. I remember watching Norman Wisdom's old films on British television. My parents were fans of his wholesome, slapstick comedy, but apparently missed the ideological significance of Pitkin's relationship with Mr Grimsdale. Pitkin, the downtrodden and oppressed representative of the workers, triumphed every time over his capitalist oppressor, Mr Grimsdale - and he got the girl. It took a theorist of Hoxha's insight and profundity to discern this deeper political message. It always seemed tremendously unlikely, yet the story of Sir Norman's fame in Albania has been reported in worthy sources like the BBC , the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph . According to the Guardian, when Wi...